The spirit of the moment, rum doesn’t come more refreshing than this
Rum is bang on trend right now – and few things are more refreshing in the warmth of summer than a classic mojito. So, let’s get mixing!
ALL YOU NEED TO MIX IT UP BEAUTIFULLY
- 2 parts good quality white rum
- ½ fresh lime
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 2 heaped bar spoons of caster sugar
- Dash of soda water
- Cubed ice
- Crushed ice
- To garnish: sprig of fresh mint
- Put the four lime wedges into a glass, then add the sugar and muddle.
- Bruise the mint leaves then add to the muddle lime juice and gently press down.
- Half fill the glass with crushed ice and pour in rum. Stir the mix together until the sugar dissolves.
- Top up with crushed ice, a splash of soda water and garnish it with a sprig of mint