The pandemic and the boom in the likes of Zoom has turned all of us into computer ‘screen stars’ with less than flattering results! Time to put on a new face?
Let’s face it, most of us don’t like what we see when we look closely at ourselves in the mirror. Those lines, those wrinkles, those skin imperfections! But for the most part, we accept who and what we are, and move on with our lives. The likes of Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype and Facetime are changing all that.
The need for video work meetings and conferencing on laptops at home during the pandemic has created a whole new phenomenon – Lockdown Face. People have spent more time looking at their own faces on computer screens for virtual briefings and social and family catch-ups. And, according to new research, rather than treating themselves to a new gym membership or personal trainer and exercise classes, they are opting for subtle, non-invasive beauty ‘tweaks’.
Leading skin and hair specialists, Birmingham-based Este Medical, have come up with their top 10 ways to feel fresh in 2021 with effective, non-invasive treatments:
1. HydraFacial Treatment: Dull, dry, pigmented skin? Whether one, or all of these concerns are relevant to you, the hydrafacial can help. Using cutting edge technology, the it will cleanse and exfoliate your skin to banish impurities once and for all.
2. Acne Scarring Treatment: Adult acne not only damages your skin, but can also damage your confidence. To turn this around, go for a treatment that is tailored to your specific skin needs.
3. Harmony ClearLift: Designed to rejuvenate the skin from within, this simple treatment uses light to penetrate the skin’s dermis and resurface your skin, leaving you with a brighter, plumper appearance.
4. Global Eyecon: The under eyes often take the brunt of your stress, and with 2020 such a difficult and challenging year, Global Eyecon is the non-surgical procedure that targets wrinkles, skin sagging and pigmentation in four simple stages, from a periocular peel to a hydrogel mask.
5. Carbon Laser Peel: This pain-free treatment exfoliates the skin, before cleansing and tightening the pores, leaving a brighter, more radiant complexion.
6. Laser Hair Removal: Shaving, waxing and plucking is a tiresome ritual, so why not treat yourself to laser hair removal? Unwanted body hair can damage your confidence, as well as your bank account.
7. HiFu Body Contouring and Skin Tightening: Using the most advanced technology in the industry, the ULTRAFORMER III works to tighten your skin and contour your body, leaving you with curves and confidence to match.
8. Chemical Peel: Whether your skin concern is on your face, neck, décolletage or hands, a customised chemical peel treatment will remove damaged skin and stimulate the production of fresh skin cells.
9. Microneedling: Scars, pigmentation and stretch marks are a natural part of life. Microneedling treatment is designed to help reduce the appearance of many skin conditions by encouraging your skin to produce more collagen and elastin.
10. Skin Assessment: Not happy with your appearance but not sure why? The experts at Este Medical offer specialist skin assessments to identify your skin needs and provide the best remedies.
N.B. A good lifestyle will help you look your best. So, don’t forget to follow some of the positive steps you can take yourself – like getting enough sleep, exercising, fresh air and eating a well-balanced diet with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables.