Try this orangey sparkler for a yummy, scrummy tangerine dream this Christmas
Pop them in a decorative bowl or stuff them in a stocking, there are few more Christmassy fruits than clementines and tangerines. They can also make a fantastic little festive cake, so why not try this scrumptious recipe. Personally, we prefer to use tangerines for their richer, sweeter flavour.
- 250g soft unsalted butter
- 250g runny honey
- 250g self-raising flour
- 200g ground almonds
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 6 large eggs
- 4 tangerines
- 100g icing sugar
- Grease a two-litre, non-stick bundt tin with butter.
- Add the softened butter to a food processor with the honey, flour, almonds, vanilla paste, a pinch of sea salt and the eggs. Add the finely grated zest of two tangerines and then mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the bundt tin and bake in a preheated oven to 180°Cfor 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden and an inserted skewer comes out clean. Leave for a few minutes, then turn out on to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- For the all-important drizzle, sift the icing sugar into a bowl and stir in some freshly squeezed tangerine juice to make a thick drizzle. Pour or spoon over the cool cake. Slice and enjoy!