Launch party marks countdown to the invasion of the giant owls!
Local business and community VIPs came together for the launch of The Big Hoot project in support of Birmingham Children’s Hospital which will see more than 100 individually designed giant owl statues appearing throughout the city over 10 weeks next summer. Organised by public art specialists Wild in Art, it is hoped the project will raise more than £500,000 for the hospital. A call was issued at the launch for local artists, schools and companies to get involved in creating this special event for Brummies and visitors alike.
- Charlie Langhorne, Sarah-Jane Marsh, Rob Pendleton, Jerry Blackett
- Tim Jones, Zoe and Chris Hurley
- Diane Benussi, Julie Ward, Michele Wilby
- Ed James, Fidelis Navas, James Robinson
- Andy Wayro, David Pardoe, Steve Hewlett
- Sally-Ann Wilkinson, Temper
- Katie Dale, Shirley Sturzaker, Cllr Penny Holbrook, Sally Evans
- Caroline Young, Vanessa James, Rob Nagra, Tracy Ledward, Alison Murphy
- Rob Pendleton, Sarah-Jane Marsh, chief executive of Birmingham Children’s Hospital, Cllr Penny Holbrook